Filled Cookies

by National Cookie Network

Filled cookies have many names, depending on where you are in the world. But the most common name I’ve come across is “Thumb print cookies”. Why? Because, after you roll the dough into a walnut size ball for baking, you push a dent into the middle with your thumb, so you can fill it with jam.

You don’t want this “dent” to go all the way through. You’re not making doughnuts. But you do need a fair sized dent to hold the jam.

After that, whatever jam you like best is the one you should use. I found a recipe for you here. It calls for raspberry jam, but as I said, feel free to use any jam you like best.

Happy Baking!

{ 0 comments… add one now }

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: